Somerset Family Attorney Eases the Burden for New Jersey Clients
Dedicated law firm advises on divorce, parenting and domestic violence issues
The Law Offices of Kisha M. Hebbon, LLC in Somerset advises New Jersey clients on a complete range of family law matters. We offer top-quality legal services for individuals and families throughout the state, including Somerset, Middlesex and Union counties. Whether you are going through a divorce, wish to create a prenuptial agreement, or have any other domestic legal concern, we work diligently to achieve your goals. Attorney Kisha Hebbon has practiced law since 2001 in a variety of roles, and that diverse background gives the firm’s clients a significant edge in any type of proceeding.
Knowledgeable lawyer assists with all types of family law concerns
Throughout New Jersey, our firm handles a complete array of family law matters, such as:
- Abuse and neglect/DCPP (formerly DYFS) matters — New Jersey’s Division of Child Protection and Permanency (DCPP) provides child welfare and child protection services to ensure the safety and well-being of children in New Jersey. Our Somerset family lawyers represent parents in cases brought by DCPP regarding abuse and neglect, parental rights, custody and guardianship.
- Adoption — If you are considering adoption, we can help. Our attorneys will guide you through the complex laws that govern adoption in New Jersey, including those related to private adoptions, third-party adoptions, same-sex couple adoptions and birth-parent rights.
- Alimony — Determining the amount and duration of spousal support payments can be highly subjective. We take into account every aspect of your unique situation to develop a plan that will protect your financial security.
- Annulment — Annulment differs from divorce in that it erases a marriage completely rather than simply ending it. An annulment may be favorable for a variety of financial, personal or religious reasons, but it is not always easy to achieve. Couples who file for an annulment in New Jersey must prove to the court that valid grounds for annulment exist. Our Somerset divorce lawyers have experience in successfully handling annulment cases in New Jersey.
- Child custody —Determining child custody arrangements is often the most contentious and heartwrenching aspect of a marital split. We strive for peaceful and amicable resolutions that meet the needs of our clients and their children.
- Child relocation — Relocating with a child after divorce can present a multitude of legal issues. Laws regarding relocation of children are very complex, and it is essential that you hire a skilled New Jersey divorce lawyer with the knowledge and experience to successfully represent you.
- Child support — All parents have a financial responsibility to support their children. We will fight aggressively to ensure that your children’s financial needs will be met, now and in their future.
- Civil unions — Though New Jersey laws protecting the rights of same-sex couples and transgender couples are certainly moving in the right direction, they are still in a stage of evolution. Our Somerset family lawyers keep up to date with the ever-changing laws and always strive for the best possible outcome for the LGBT families we serve.
- Divorce — Every marriage is different, so every divorce presents unique challenges. Attorney Kisha Hebbon is highly qualified and experienced in handling complicated divorce proceedings, including high-asset divorces and military divorces.
- Domestic violence — Our law firm is well-qualified to represent victims and accused individuals in domestic violence situations. We are a team of compassionate, dedicated legal professionals who are knowledgeable and experienced in both family law and criminal matters in New Jersey.
- Equitable distribution — New Jersey divorce law calls for an equitable division of marital assets; however, equitable does not always mean equal. Our experienced Somerset divorce lawyers are highly skilled at negotiating a fair division of assets for our clients.
- Fathers’ rights — If a father has concerns that his responsibility of being a caregiver or decision-maker will be diminished by an imminent divorce, it is crucial that he seek out legal advocacy from a qualified fathers’ rights attorney.
- Grandparents’ rights — Often times, grandparents play an important role in the growth and development of their grandchildren. Sadly, when a divorce occurs, these relationships can be directly impacted, causing severe emotional distress. Our grandparents’ rights attorneys handle situations in which grandparents wish to seek visitation or custody arrangements.
- Juvenile delinquency — Juvenile delinquency refers to crimes committed by kids and teenagers under the age of 18. In New Jersey, Family Court has jurisdiction over juvenile delinquency cases. It is essential that you hire a well-qualified attorney to represent your child in court. We will fight to protect your child’s rights and preserve his or her future.
- Mediation — In some cases, divorce can drain people emotionally and financially. In such situations, mediation may provide a more peaceful and less expensive solution. We will review all your legal options and work closely with you to determine your best course of action.
- Prenuptial and postnuptial agreements — Modern day prenuptial agreements are no longer cast in the same negative light that they once were. Today’s prenups and postnups are legally binding and equitable agreements crafted with the assistance of an objective family lawyer.
- Restraining orders — Our firm advocates for victims who have been harmed by spouses, relationship partners or other people whom they know. We also advise individuals who have been charged with violent conduct or threats against a partner. If you are seeking a temporary or permanent restraining order, or require a strong defender, we will protect your rights.
We know your family is the most important part of your life. When issues arise, you need an attorney with the ability to handle tough legal matters in a way that maintains the peace and the dignity of all involved.
Compassionate adviser guides prospective parents through adoption
When you choose to bring a child into your home, you begin with joy and excitement over the prospect of adding to your family. In some cases, however, those feelings are soon replaced by frustration over the often-difficult legal adoption process. Our firm helps New Jersey clients initiate domestic and international adoptions and handles each legal task with skillful care. We can explain the numerous options that exist for adoptive parents and help you determine if an agency adoption or an independent arrangement works best. Whether you seek an open or closed process, our firm will prepare you for the home study, represent you at the hearing, handle the necessary tasks, and advise you of any potential problems in your application.
Contact a skillful New Jersey family law attorney to make an appointment
The Law Offices of Kisha M. Hebbon, LLC represents family law clients in all New Jersey counties, including Somerset, Middlesex and Union. Please call 732-873-6464 or contact us online to schedule an appointment at our office in Somerset.