Somerset Child Custody Lawyer
Most people underestimate the complexity of child relocation cases. That is why it is extremely important to hire an experienced child custody lawyer in Somerset who knows the law and has experience in these types of cases. Under New Jersey law, neither parent can remove a child from the State of New Jersey without consent from the other parent or a Court Order.
In making a determination as to whether the relocation should be permitted, the Court considers what is in the best interest of the child and the following factors:
- Reasons given for the move;
- Reasons given for opposition;
- Past history of dealings between parties as it bears on reasons advanced by both parties for supporting and opposing move;
- Whether the child will receive educational, health and social opportunities at least equal to what is available here;
- Any special needs or talents of a child that require accommodation and whether such accommodation or its equivalent is available in the new location;
- Whether a visitation and communication schedule can be developed that would allow the non custodial parent to maintain a full and continuous relationship with the child;
- The likelihood that the custodial parent will continue to foster the child’s relationship with the non custodial parent if the move is allowed;
- Effect of move on extended family relationships here and at the new location;
- If the child is of age, his or her preference;
- Whether the child is entering his or her senior year in high school, at which point he or she should generally not be moved until graduation without his or her consent;
- Whether the non custodial parent has the ability to relocate;
- Any other factors bearing on the child’s interests.
Somerset Child Custody Lawyer, Kesha M. Hebbon, has Experienced with Child Relocation Cases
Somerset child custody lawyer at the Law Offices of Kesha M. Hebbon, LLC have extensive experience helping families with complex child relocation issues. To discuss the specifics of your situation, call us today at 732-873-6464 or contact us online. We represent clients throughout New Jersey including Somerset County, Middlesex County, Union County and including but not limited to the towns of Somerset, Franklin, Bridgewater, New Brunswick, East Brunswick, Plainfield, Edison, Metuchen, Woodbridge, Piscataway, Old Bridge, Rahway, Linden, Elizabeth, Cranford, Summit, Union, Clark, Elizabeth, Berkeley Heights, and Scotch Plains.